Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Interviews

You have to excuse me because my notes are somewhat in disarray at the moment but today I want to talk a little bit about some history for today. After the radio broadcast in the late 30's the "foolish citizens" of New Jersey became a point of national interest and the journalistic and academic world began watching them like a hawk.

Almost immediately after the attack a well-meaning sociologist from Princeton (again I think this is right but I don't have my notes right in front of me) went out and interviewed a lot of the people who fled from their homes that night. While a few of them ran into nothing at all and felt embarrassed others insisted (ridiculously) that they had seen an invading communist force. But still others claimed to have seen the martian tripods and gas clouds mentioned in the boradcast and while the sociologist dismissed these claims as wild nonsense and proof of the mind's ability to fool itself I think just a cursory listen to these recordings would convince any REASONABLE person to think that it was the sociologist and not the citizens of New Jersey who were laboring under delusions.

Again I must apologize that it's proved so difficult to digitize my records here and I promise that evidence is still forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment